Thursday, January 15, 2015

5-day Art Challenge - Day 2

Day 2 of the Facebook 5-Day Art Challenge

Rules: 
Participants who are nominated are to post 3 pieces of art for 5 days; and may nominate another artist to take up the challenge. And don't forget to post the name of the artist that nominated you. 

Nominated by: 
Dawn Lo, Lim Han Seng and Vicki Sullivan

I nominate:
Chen Yanyun



Going back to a time when it all started...

I received a scholarship to study a short 2-year animation programme in 2009. The result of the process was interesting: I realised how much my body rejected computer animation, but at the same time, I fell in love with using traditional tools which happened gradually during the span of the 2-year programme. This was the turning point in my life when I slowly journeyed back to my traditional roots. 

Here are some digital works capturing what I did then. 


An aerial view of my final year project which is a theme park design... 
yes, don't we all love Disneyland?
Photoshop on a wacom tablet

This is a close-up of one of the 'lands' where 
all the rides are built on these super trees. 
Yes, way before these were built.
Photoshop on a wacom tablet


Character design for a remake of Mary Poppins
where Bert is a steampunk robot.
Photoshop on a wacom tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment