Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Fruit cake and bicycle

What doesfruit cake containing dried fruit and often marzipan and covered with sugarpowdered sugar or icing sugar got to do with my former bicycle?

They're both Stol(l)en.

Like they say "You never own bicycles in Florence. You rent them from bike thieves."

Here's the scoop:
I was on my way to meet my schoolmates for a end of the school year gathering. I stopped by Coop (a supermarket) to pick up some groceries, and thinking I was going to be in there for only 5 minutes, I placed my bike on the rack without locking it.

When I came out... Gone. Like a disappearing act. To my disbelief, I thought that I had parked it somewhere else. No. It was gone! 

Good bye, Mr Bicycle. I'm sure the person who took it needed it badly. : )




No comments:

Post a Comment