Saturday, June 29, 2013

Travelling Toscano 2: Castiglione della Pescaia

This is part 2 of my weekend getaway in the province of Grosetto, in the region of Tuscany.

I was invited by a friend to stay over the weekend and explore the village of Montepescali and the beach at Castiglione della Pescaia.  This post focuses on the beach. :)  Because my friends were locals, they knew exactly where to park. Many private beaches litter the coastline of Italy. Only a handful are untouched. 

Cold waters, warm sand.  I decided to spend my time walking down the coast, passing by private sections after private sections until I arrived at a rock formation which didn't allow me to walk further. 


I'll work on one of these when I visit another beach.

Sketch of the the castle at Castiglione della Pescaia.

I really love this shot by one of the suntanning ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment