Sunday, November 16, 2014

Painting Gestures

Recently, I've been on the look out for poses with dynamic gestures to paint. Previously, my prerequisite for choosing a pose to work on was that I had to be able to include the model's face. This particular piece, however, includes both requirements - from this 3/4 view, the model's right arm forms an "S" curve which flows through the right leg. This is a three 25-minute sitting. 


Within the first block, I had managed to capture the gesture and placed a generic skin tone throughout this 35cm figure. 


During the 2nd block of 25 minutes, I focused on the model's torso and arm. There was a little more time, so I worked on her facial features. 


During the final segment of the session, I worked briefly on the lower part of the figure and then went back up to further tighten up the model's features and torso, keeping in mind that the torso will look more rendered than the bottom half of the figure. 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


If you are interested in getting my sketchbook of short poses, Figuring Out - the long and short of it, the link is right here:
https://www.booksactuallyshop.com/products/figuring-out-the-long-and-short-of-it

No comments:

Post a Comment