Saturday, September 26, 2015

We Are Not Amused (part 1)

I spent 2 weeks of summer in the United Kingdom. My primary task there was to cat sit a friend's feline.  But in between feeding George, cleaning his poop and giving him some love, I get to explore London! Here are the highlights from the short getaway I did. 

Police on patrol at Camden Lock


Strolling down the enchanting pathway along the canal around the Camden Lock area.


Spent the morning at Parliament Square painting this. I'm definitely enjoying all this space in the city. 


Yes, the weather has its moments. When it rains, everyone rushes into a museum. :) 
This one is the Natural History Museum. Many of the big museums are free to enter. That is indeed amazing!! 


This sketch is from the main entrance of the Natural History Museum. Did you know that the stegosaur is a vegetarian? 


Dropped by the Kenwood House at Hampstead Heath. My former schoolmate (a local Londoner) and I were surprised to see so many good painting on display here. Check out the cost of Gainsborough's works in the late 1800's. Yup! In sterling pounds.


I went to the London Zoo. Tip: Purchase the ticket online, it's cheaper that way. This is inside the butterfly "garden". While photographing them, a few settled comfortably on me. Here's one of them. 


This was my first sketch at the zoo



I'm glad there are so many Indian eat-outs. I had it almost everyday. Even when buying groceries, it was my first choice. The Southern Indian restaurant above is Saravanaa Bhavan at Ilford. I met a schoolmate's family there. 



To see more sketches, go here:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.879116155479769.1073741863.312232912168099&type=3




No comments:

Post a Comment